Who created Yoga Nidra?
Swami Satyananda Saraswati developed this system of relaxation in the mid 20th century, after studying and practicing the tantric scriptures. His explanation of Yoga nidra was as a state of mind between wakefulness and dream, wherein deep constructs of the mind become opened.Saf. 16, 1443 AH
What are the benefits of yoga nidra?
- Improved thought patterns and reduced stress.
- Enhanced cognitive performance and memory.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence.
- Better sleep and improved physical health.
- Improved waking mindfulness.
- Diminishes symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Treats chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Is yoga nidra guided meditation? The wisdom teaching of Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation practice that leads you on a journey of expanded consciousness, through the 5 sheaths/koshas of Self—physical, energetic/subtle, mental, wisdom, and bliss.
How do you do yoga nidra?
- Connect to your heart’s deepest desire. Focus on a lifelong goal or something that relates to your health.
- Set an intention.
- Find your inner resource.
- Scan your body.
- Become aware of your breath.
- Welcome your feelings.
- Witness your thoughts.
- Experience joy.