What is Yoga Nidra PDF? Yoga nidra, also known as ‘yogic sleep’, is a simplified form of an ancient tantric relaxation technique. The most general description of the practice is that it combines guided mental imagery with a specific yoga posture called Shavasana (or “corpse pose”).
What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
Can I do Yoga Nidra by myself? To induce Yoga Nidra, you must listen to a set of instructions, similar to guided meditation. You can listen to a friend reading the instructions, but listening to a recording by someone else or by you yourself is more practical. A good recording will have a soft, soothing feel, while being clear.
What are the 61 points of Yoga Nidra?
- 1— Point between the eyebrows.
- 2—Hollow of the throat.
- 3—Right shoulder joint.
- 4—Right elbow joint.
- 5—Middle of the right wrist.
- 6—Tip of the right thumb.
- 7—Tip of the index finger.
- 8—Tip of the middle finger 9—Tip of the fourth finger (ring finger)