What is Sankalpa in Yoga Nidra? Well, let’s explain a little more, a sankalpa is a resolve or intention that is specifically (*traditionally only) made during the practice of Yoga nidra. Sankalpa is a short phrase or sentence, clearly and concisely expressed, using the same wording each time, to bring about a positive change in one’s life.
What is an example of a Sankalpa? Examples of a Sankalpa
I am healthy and happy. I am able to take time for myself each day. I am attaining peace of mind. I am becoming stronger/more confident/energetic.
How do you practice Sankalpa?
- Make your intention about you.
- Let it resonate within you.
- Phrase your intention positively & in the present tense.
- Keep it simple and concise.
- If you’re still drawing a blank, ask yourself what is it that you truly want from this short and precious life?
What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization: