What is divine sleep Yoga Nidra? Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra® is a guided meditation that systematically guides and relaxes you at every level of your being through the use of breath awareness, body scanning, healing music, & nature imagery. This is true meditation. There is nothing to do but “notice” – feeling supported and empowered just as your are.
What is the difference between yoga nidra and meditation? Traditional meditation practices generally are engaged sitting, with the purpose of increasing perception and intuition and being able to direct our attention and awareness. Yoga Nidra is practiced lying down, and is based on entry into altered states where the body is consciously asleep but awareness is present.
What are the benefits of yoga nidra?
- Improved thought patterns and reduced stress.
- Enhanced cognitive performance and memory.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence.
- Better sleep and improved physical health.
- Improved waking mindfulness.
- Diminishes symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Treats chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What is yoga nidra technique? Yoga Nidra literally means yogic sleep. It is an ancient technique where the practitioner enters the deep states of conscious relaxation. It is a systematic practice of moving awareness from our external world to the inner world. It brings us to a state of deep sleep where our senses, intellect, and mind relax.