What is a tea leaf reading? History of Tea Leaf Reading
Tea leaf reading is a special type of divination (fortune-telling) that involves interpreting the patterns of leftover tea leaves in a cup of tea. Tea leaf readers look for special symbols and shapes in these tea leaves, and use them to make predictions.
Where does reading tea leaves come from? Tea leaf reading, also known as tasseography, is said to have origins in Asia, the Middle East, and Ancient Greece, with Middle Eastern cultures typically using coffee. However, modern tea leaf reading began in the 17th century, when tea was introduced from China to Europe.
What tea is best for tea leaf reading? The best kind to use for a successful reading is loose leaf tea with a broad leaf, and in particular Wright says that oolong or gun powder teas are the best options. Both Wright and Marrama recommend this gunpowder tea that you can purchase from Amazon.
Where can I get fortune told in New Orleans?
- All “Fortune Teller” Results in New Orleans, LA. Showing 1-7 of 7.
- Hex Old World Witchery. 1.5 mi.
- Bottom of the Cup Tearoom. 1.0 mi.
- Readings By Vanessa. 1.4 mi.
- Psychic & Tarot Readings. 0.6 mi.
- New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum. 1.2 mi.
- Mardi Gras New Orleans. 1.2 mi.
- Republic NOLA.