What does yoga nidra do to the brain? The benefits of Yoga Nidra
In alpha state Serotonin is released, which helps you to reach a transformational experience of inner calm. From this place fluctuations in the mind start to decrease and you begin to feel more at ease. The body moves into stillness and a deep feeling of tranquillity and relaxation occurs.
What are the advantages of yoga nidra?
- Improved thought patterns and reduced stress.
- Enhanced cognitive performance and memory.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence.
- Better sleep and improved physical health.
- Improved waking mindfulness.
- Diminishes symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Treats chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Is yoga nidra scientifically proven? Yoga nidra is scientifically proven to lower stress, along with many other health benefits.
What chakras does yoga nidra target affect? Each day will focus on a specific chakra (Muladhara, Svadhisthana, Manipura and Anahata) and will include: A practice taught by Mona with asana, restorative postures and all nine steps of yoga nidra designed for a specific chakra. Opportunity to design and practice teaching yoga nidra and receive feedback on sequences.