What does ClamAV daemon do? As you correctly mentioned: ClamAV is an on-access virus scanner and not a real-time scanner. The ClamAV daemon ( clamd ) can be used for scanning incoming files automatically, (E.g. mails) without having to scan them manually with ClamAV.
Do I need ClamAV daemon? You will need to run freshclam before starting the service for the first time or you will run into trouble/errors which will prevent ClamAV from starting correctly. The daemon is not needed if you only want to perform stand-alone scans. See Scan for viruses below.
How do you run ClamAV daemon?
- Run ClamAV as a Daemon Run ClamAV as a Daemon Table of contents. For Ubuntu 16.04. Install clamav-daemon & clamav-freshclam. Start the clamav-daemon. For CentOS 7. Install Clamd. Run freshclam. Configure Clamd. Run Clamd.
- Virus Scan With Kav4fs.
How do I get rid of ClamAV daemon?
- Log into your WHM as root user.
- In the search box, search for Service Manager and select the option.
- Scroll down a bit, look for ClamAV Daemon, un-check both “Enabled” and “Monitor” option.
- Go to the bottom of the page, and click Save.