What do you do with an oracle deck? Oracle Card Decks to Check Out
According to the author, the cards can be used daily for reflection, meditation, or in a tarot-inspired spread and are meant to help you develop your intuition, self-love, inner beauty, and emotional well-being.
Is oracle deck the same as tarot? Oracle decks are a tool of self-reflection to add to your magical and spiritual practice, or just to use for fun. And while oracle cards can offer insight similar to tarot cards, there are some major differences. Most tarot decks are based on the Rider-Waite deck, the OG of tarot cards.
How do you activate tarot cards?
How to Get Started:
- Open your tarot box.
- Hold the cards in your hand.
- While still holding the cards in your hand, “knock” or tap the pile of cards several times to spread your energy into the deck.
- Give the cards a thorough shuffle.
- Cut the cards into three piles and then put them into one pile again.
How do I use Oracle cards for the first time?
7 steps for using oracle cards to tap into your intuition
- Infuse the cards with your energy.
- Be clear about what you want guidance on.
- Give your oracle cards a good shuffle.
- Spread out the cards.
- Sit with the card(s)
- Look in the guide book.
- Sum up the main message.
What do you do with an oracle deck? – Additional Questions
What can you not do with tarot cards?
Questions not to ask in tarot card readings
- Questions you don’t really want answered.
- Questions that already have answers.
- When you’re going to die.
- Questions about other people.
- Medical-type questions.
- The same question, over and over again.
- Yes-or-no questions.
- Future-predicting questions.
How do I connect to my tarot cards?
How to connect with your tarot cards
- Step 1: Cleanse your deck. You can do this in a number of ways — with sacred smoke, crystals, the moon, salt, or by shuffling.
- Step 2: Set an intention.
- Step 3: Shuffle well.
- Step 4: Do a connection spread.
- Step 5: Decide how you want to store your deck.
How do you charge Tarot cards?
Like a loaf of rising bread, leave your deck in a sacred charging spot where you can “knead” (shuffle) it each hour, giving it your magical power with your hands, for one waking day. This charge is best when you’re taking a day of rest at home or in retreat.
How do you cleanse a new Tarot deck?
Put them out on under a New Moon.
The New Moon is blank slate energy, you can cleanse the deck under the new moon by placing it on a window sill on a new moon night. You can also set a fresh intention for your deck at this time.
Should you cleanse tarot cards?
“Tarot cards are traditionally given as gifts,” Tarra says. “Cleansing the cards and doing a protection ritual for them before you give them to a new owner will neutralize any weird energies they’ve picked along the way.”
What do you do if someone touches your tarot cards?
It’s totally fine for others to touch away.
You just need to trust in the power of your intention to clear your Tarot deck of any unwanted energies afterwards.
Why do you knock on Tarot cards?
Place your tarot deck face down on your non-dominant hand. Make a fist with your dominant hand and knock the tarot deck once, visualising your own energy being put into the cards as you expel excess energy from their previous use.
How often should you read tarot cards?
You *Just* Had a Tarot Reading
I advise leaving a gap of at least three months between professional tarot readings, UNLESS the reading is about a totally different and specific question. Let things change and progress before going back to the cards.
Can I read my own tarot cards?
Can you give yourself a reading? With very few exceptions, no. It’s just a bad idea. You see, most of us use astrology or tarot when we’re seeking clarity during a time of uncertainty.
How often should you read your oracle cards?
If you are constantly giving yourself readings several times a day, the accuracy rate will plummet. Some people like to draw one card for themselves every morning or evening. I usually do a reading for myself every Sunday afternoon. Find a rhythm that works for you, but allow adequate space between readings.
Can you do tarot everyday?
Practice every day.
Though tarot card reading may come naturally to some, just like anything else you pick up, practice makes perfect. California-based psychic medium and intuitive Kelly Sarber told INSIDER that practicing every day is just as important as choosing the right deck.
How do beginners use tarot cards?
From there, tarot readings generally follow a simple format:
- First, you need to ask the card deck a question. It should be clear and open-ended.
- Once you have the question in your mind, it’s time to shuffle.
- Pull your card(s).
- Once you’ve chosen your card or cards, lay them facedown in your spread.
What religion do tarot cards come from?
The early French occultists claimed that tarot cards had esoteric links to ancient Egypt, Iran, the Kabbalah, Indic Tantra, or the I Ching and these claims have been frequently repeated by authors on card divination ever since.
How many tarot cards should you pull?
For beginner readers, Howe recommends two basic spreads, a three-card pull and the Celtic Cross. The former is where three cards are drawn from the deck to represent the past, present, and future or mind, body, and spirit of the person being read.
What is the most powerful card in the tarot?
In almost all tarot games, the Fool is one of the most valuable cards.
- As excuse.
- As lowest trump.
- As highest trump.
- As excuse and highest trump.
- As excuse and wild card.
What should I ask my tarot deck?
Questions for your tarot spread
- What is the relationship’s current energy?
- What’s the root cause of the split?
- What are their true feelings for me right now?
- What are their intentions to me now?
- What is the future nature of this relationship?
- What’s the best step for me to take now?