What are the benefits of Yoga Nidra?
- Improved thought patterns and reduced stress.
- Enhanced cognitive performance and memory.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence.
- Better sleep and improved physical health.
- Improved waking mindfulness.
- Diminishes symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Treats chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
What are the 61 points of Yoga Nidra?
- 1— Point between the eyebrows.
- 2—Hollow of the throat.
- 3—Right shoulder joint.
- 4—Right elbow joint.
- 5—Middle of the right wrist.
- 6—Tip of the right thumb.
- 7—Tip of the index finger.
- 8—Tip of the middle finger 9—Tip of the fourth finger (ring finger)
How does Yoga Nidra affect the brain? Yoga Nidra relaxes the practitioner more than other relaxation techniques. Neuropsychology has revealed that yogic sleep has a positive effect on our brain, body and the entire physiology and psychology. It calms the thoughts and improves concentration. It also improves memory and learning ability.