What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
What are the benefits of Yoga Nidra?
- Improved thought patterns and reduced stress.
- Enhanced cognitive performance and memory.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence.
- Better sleep and improved physical health.
- Improved waking mindfulness.
- Diminishes symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Treats chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What is the first state of being Yoga Nidra? Nidra is different from traditional meditation, practiced fully awake. Instead, yoga Nidra happens in the state of being between sleep and consciousness, where deep healing within the five layers of self begins.
What are the 61 points of Yoga Nidra?
- 1— Point between the eyebrows.
- 2—Hollow of the throat.
- 3—Right shoulder joint.
- 4—Right elbow joint.
- 5—Middle of the right wrist.
- 6—Tip of the right thumb.
- 7—Tip of the index finger.
- 8—Tip of the middle finger 9—Tip of the fourth finger (ring finger)