What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
Does Yoga Nidra really work? Yoga Nidra helps diminish symptoms of anxiety by teaching mental calmness and cultivating a state of deep physical and emotional relaxation. In addition, the ancient practice releases pent-up emotions and stress to detoxify the brain.
Can I do Yoga Nidra by myself? To induce Yoga Nidra, you must listen to a set of instructions, similar to guided meditation. You can listen to a friend reading the instructions, but listening to a recording by someone else or by you yourself is more practical. A good recording will have a soft, soothing feel, while being clear.
How do you do Nidra yoga?
- Connect to your heart’s deepest desire. Focus on a lifelong goal or something that relates to your health.
- Set an intention.
- Find your inner resource.
- Scan your body.
- Become aware of your breath.
- Welcome your feelings.
- Witness your thoughts.
- Experience joy.