What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
What are the 61 points of Yoga Nidra?
- 1— Point between the eyebrows.
- 2—Hollow of the throat.
- 3—Right shoulder joint.
- 4—Right elbow joint.
- 5—Middle of the right wrist.
- 6—Tip of the right thumb.
- 7—Tip of the index finger.
- 8—Tip of the middle finger 9—Tip of the fourth finger (ring finger)
What are the three stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Preliminary Relaxation Technique.
- Creating a Sankalpa (Intention or Resolve)
- Stage 1: Rotation of Awareness Through the Body.
- Stage 2: Awareness of Prana.
- Stage 3: Awareness of Feeling and Emotion.
- Stage 4: Visualization.
- The Final Step.
What is the difference between Yoga Nidra and meditation?
While traditional meditation puts all awareness on a single focus, Yoga Nidra guides you through entire layers to reach your Atman or true self. By working through each kosha, you can descend deeper, and this depth simply cannot be achieved in meditation’s waking state.Raj. 26, 1442 AH