What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
What are the side effects of Yoga Nidra? The high levels of fear, stress and worry we are experiencing, results in even more activity in the prefrontal cortex of the brain. However too much of this can be linked with increased anxiety, poor sleep and general health problems, including a lowered immune system.
What are the 61 points of Yoga Nidra?
- 1— Point between the eyebrows.
- 2—Hollow of the throat.
- 3—Right shoulder joint.
- 4—Right elbow joint.
- 5—Middle of the right wrist.
- 6—Tip of the right thumb.
- 7—Tip of the index finger.
- 8—Tip of the middle finger 9—Tip of the fourth finger (ring finger)
Is Yoga Nidra better than sleep? Yoga Nidra, translated as Yogic Sleep is conscious sleep; you are sleeping yet you are conscious. In Yoga Nidra, you do not lose consciousness, yet your entire body, mind and nervous system obtain complete rest through deep relaxation. Yoga Nidra is far superior to ordinary sleep.