What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
Is Yoga Nidra the same as hypnosis? As both Yoga Nidra and hypnosis can be used to influence the mind, many people think that Yoga Nidra is a form of hypnosis. But both the practice and the purpose are very different. Although they both begin with the guided relaxation, Yoga Nidra continues in one direction and hypnosis in another.
What are the side effects of Yoga Nidra? The high levels of fear, stress and worry we are experiencing, results in even more activity in the prefrontal cortex of the brain. However too much of this can be linked with increased anxiety, poor sleep and general health problems, including a lowered immune system.
What are the three stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Preliminary Relaxation Technique.
- Creating a Sankalpa (Intention or Resolve)
- Stage 1: Rotation of Awareness Through the Body.
- Stage 2: Awareness of Prana.
- Stage 3: Awareness of Feeling and Emotion.
- Stage 4: Visualization.
- The Final Step.