What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
How do you do nidra yoga?
- Connect to your heart’s deepest desire. Focus on a lifelong goal or something that relates to your health.
- Set an intention.
- Find your inner resource.
- Scan your body.
- Become aware of your breath.
- Welcome your feelings.
- Witness your thoughts.
- Experience joy.
What is the position of Yoga Nidra? Method 2 of 2: Practicing Yoga Nidra. Lie flat on your back, with your arms stretched out by your sides (or however feels most comfortable). It is also an option to sit in a comfortable position, but some have found using this position to be unsuccessful.
What happens in Yoga Nidra? Yoga Nidra is a form of guided meditation, a method of Pratyahara (withdrawal of senses) that allows you to scan the body and tap into a state of relaxed consciousness as the mind settles in a place between wakefulness and sleep.