What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization:
Who created Yoga Nidra? Swami Satyananda Saraswati developed this system of relaxation in the mid 20th century, after studying and practicing the tantric scriptures. His explanation of Yoga nidra was as a state of mind between wakefulness and dream, wherein deep constructs of the mind become opened.
What are the 61 points of Yoga Nidra?
- 1— Point between the eyebrows.
- 2—Hollow of the throat.
- 3—Right shoulder joint.
- 4—Right elbow joint.
- 5—Middle of the right wrist.
- 6—Tip of the right thumb.
- 7—Tip of the index finger.
- 8—Tip of the middle finger 9—Tip of the fourth finger (ring finger)
What is Yoga Nidra state? Yoga nidra (Sanskrit: योग निद्रा, yoga nidrā) or yogic sleep in modern usage is a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, typically induced by a guided meditation.