Is Yoga Nidra done lying down? With yoga nidra, you are lying down and the goal is to move into a deep state of conscious awareness sleep, which is a deeper state of relaxation with awareness.
Can you do Yoga Nidra in bed? Can you practice yoga nidra at night? “You can do yoga nidra any time, even when you are trying to go to sleep in the evening. When you do it at night, you can use the technique to be part of the conscious mind as you become inactive—then you may fall unconscious,” says Mittra.
How do you do Nidra yoga?
- Lie down on your back for the practice of yoga nidra. Bring your feet as wide as your mat.
- Stay awake throughout the practice of yoga nidra. Tell yourself, “I will not sleep.
- Bring your awareness to your physical body and become aware of your physical body.
- Feel your body get very heavy.
What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization: