How is Yoga Nidra pronounced?
What is Yoga Nidra called in English? The term Yoga Nidra means yogic or psychic sleep. It is a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, induced by a guided meditation.
Is Yoga Nidra better than sleep? Yoga Nidra, translated as Yogic Sleep is conscious sleep; you are sleeping yet you are conscious. In Yoga Nidra, you do not lose consciousness, yet your entire body, mind and nervous system obtain complete rest through deep relaxation. Yoga Nidra is far superior to ordinary sleep.
What are the 5 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization: