How do you read the Major Arcana?
Can you do a tarot reading with normal cards? You’ve heard of tarot cards, maybe you’ve even used an oracle deck—but did you know you can do a reading (for yourself or a friend!) with a regular ol’ deck of playing cards? This practice is called cartomancy, and anyone can give it a try.
What do major Arcanas do? In the tarot, the Major Arcana consists of 22 cards that represent your spiritual path and journey. Laid out in order, they tell a story of a person setting out into the world and encountering different figures and challenges, growing and changing as they do so.
How do you do a tarot reading?
How do you read the Major Arcana? – Additional Questions
Can you read tarot for someone without them knowing?
It depends on who you ask, but for me and my personal code of ethics, the answer is yes — it is wrong to intentionally lay a spread about a specific person without their knowledge or permission.
How do you pull a daily tarot?
Ask your spirit guides to give you light, wisdom, clarity and the truth that you seek from the tarot pull. Center and ground your energy to be present for the tarot reveal. Think of a question you want answered for the day. Ask open-ended questions that the cards can answer and explain.
What questions do you ask tarot cards?
- What is the relationship’s current energy?
- What’s the root cause of the split?
- What are their true feelings for me right now?
- What are their intentions to me now?
- What is the future nature of this relationship?
- What’s the best step for me to take now?
What religion do tarot cards come from?
Within the hotch-potch scholarly approach to New Age, Tarot cards are often listed along with astrology, elements of Buddhism, paganism, and First Nations‘ teachings as part of New Age thought and practice.
What is the most powerful card in the tarot?
- As excuse.
- As lowest trump.
- As highest trump.
- As excuse and highest trump.
- As excuse and wild card.
How do you use your first Tarot card?
- First, you need to ask the card deck a question. It should be clear and open-ended.
- Once you have the question in your mind, it’s time to shuffle.
- Pull your card(s).
- Once you’ve chosen your card or cards, lay them facedown in your spread.
Can you read tarot for yourself?
Is it possible to do Tarot spreads on yourself, even if you’re a beginner? Yes! It absolutely is.
How do you intuitively pick a tarot card?
- Familiarize yourself with the traditional meanings.
- Set an intention for each intuitive tarot reading.
- Pull cards you’re drawn to.
- Take in the card’s imagery.
- Pay attention to how you feel.
- Trust the process.
How do you cleanse tarot cards?
- Meditate. Simply take a minute to relax and clear your mind of any thoughts.
- Burn sage and pass each card through the smoke.
- Pack the cards up with bay leaves.
- And finally, put a crystal on top for protection.
What can you not do with tarot cards?
- Questions you don’t really want answered.
- Questions that already have answers.
- When you’re going to die.
- Questions about other people.
- Medical-type questions.
- The same question, over and over again.
- Yes-or-no questions.
- Future-predicting questions.
What happens if someone touches your tarot cards?
It’s totally fine for others to touch away.
In fact, I feel like this enhances the authenticity of a reading. You just need to trust in the power of your intention to clear your Tarot deck of any unwanted energies afterwards.
Why do you knock on Tarot cards?
Place your tarot deck face down on your non-dominant hand. Make a fist with your dominant hand and knock the tarot deck once, visualising your own energy being put into the cards as you expel excess energy from their previous use.
How do you charge tarot cards?
Like a loaf of rising bread, leave your deck in a sacred charging spot where you can “knead” (shuffle) it each hour, giving it your magical power with your hands, for one waking day. This charge is best when you’re taking a day of rest at home or in retreat.
How can I clean my tarot cards without tools?
- Blowing & Knocking. We start with my all-time favorite: blowing and knocking the cards.
- Moon Bath.
- Salt Burial.
- Incense or Smudge Stick.
- Singing Bowls.
- Visualisation and Meditation.
How long do you leave tarot cards in salt?
Stick the cards in a bowl of salt.
Let it sit 1-8 hours in dry place (watch out for humidity with this one!)
How often should you read tarot cards?
You *Just* Had a Tarot Reading
I advise leaving a gap of at least three months between professional tarot readings, UNLESS the reading is about a totally different and specific question.