How do I write my own Yoga Nidra script?
- Making an affirmation. Guide your students into making an affirmation or intention in the Yoga Nidra stage knows as Sankalpa.
- Scanning the body.
- Centering the breath.
- Welcoming your feelings.
- Visualizing images.
- Repeating the affirmation.
- Re-entering the real world.
Is Yoga Nidra good for anxiety? A recent study showed that while meditation and yoga nidra were both effective in reducing anxiety and stress, yoga nidra seemed to be more effective in reducing anxiety. The study also suggested that yoga nidra can be a useful tool in reducing both cognitive and physiological symptoms of anxiety.
What is a Yoga Nidra script? A Yoga Nidra script is read by a yoga instructor when guiding a Yoga Nida mediation. Unlike other forms of meditation, yogic sleep is always practiced with the verbal direction of a live or recorded instructor. It is a systematic practice where the instructor guides the students to deep relaxation.
What are the 8 stages of Yoga Nidra?
- Stage 1 | Settling or Initial Relaxation:
- Stage 2 |Intention, Sankalpa:
- Stage 3 |Body Rotation or Rotation of Consciousness:
- Stage 4 |Breath and Energy Awareness:
- Stage 5 |Sense Perception:
- Stage 6 |Visualization:
- Stage 7 |Sankalpa:
- Stage 8 |Externalization: