How can I dream about what I want tonight?
- Frequently test reality.
- Get more sleep to make dreams more likely.
- Use the power of suggestion.
- Keep a dream journal.
- Recognize recurring themes or characters in your dreams.
- Take naps.
- Try a “Modified Castaneda” technique.
- Think about your previous dreams.
How can I avoid lucid dreams?
- Schedule your time to go to bed and wake up consistently every day.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine at night.
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice meditation.
- If the lucid dreams are causing problems, consult your doctor for other possible solutions.
Can you control what you dream about? Lucid dreaming happens when you’re aware that you’re dreaming. Often, you can control the dream’s storyline and environment. It occurs during REM sleep. When used in therapy, lucid dreaming can help treat conditions like recurring nightmares and PTSD.
What triggers lucid dreams? The most common reasons for inducing lucid dreams include wish fulfillment, overcoming fears, and healing. Some studies have also shown a link between inducing lucid dreams and overcoming the fear and distress associated with nightmares.