Did No Doubt break up? No Doubt disbanded but decided to regroup after several weeks with Alan Meade taking over vocals. When Meade left the band, Gwen replaced him as lead singer, and No Doubt continued to develop a live following in California.
Why did Gwen Stefani leave No Doubt? After releasing five albums, the group went on hiatus in 2001, and Stefani embarked on her solo career, during which she churned out hits like “Hollaback Girl,” “Rich Girl” and “Sweet Escape.” No Doubt reunited in 2012 to release “Push and Shove,” but Stefani chose to focus on motherhood, putting her solo career second
What are the 5 No Doubt songs?
- ”Spiderwebs” (”Tragic Kingdom,” 1995) No Doubt’s second hit single is a rarity: a headbanging pop song.
- ”Simple Kind of Life” (”Return of Saturn,” 2000)
- ”Bathwater” (”Return of Saturn”)
- ”Hella Good” (”Rock Steady,” 2001)
- ”Hey Baby” (”Rock Steady”)
How did No Doubt get their name? Eric roped her in again when they formed a real band, at the end of 1986. She sang alongside a black punk called John Spence, who could do these amazing backflips and who modeled himself on Bad Brains’ H.R. “No doubt” was something he often said, and that became their name. Tony joined that spring.